This recipe makes 2 servings.
You will Need
300 gms Salmon Fillet
1 cup Rice
2 cups of Broccoli (optional)
Diced Spring Onions (optional) or
Seaweed for garnish (also optional)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 lime juice
1 teaspoon fish oil (you can add more)
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 large or 2 small garlic cloves
3-4 tablespoons soya sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Before you do anything, set the rice on the stove. Put 1 cup rice and 2 cups water on the stove on high heat to boil. Once the water starts bubbling, cover and simmer for 10 mins. Leave covered for another 5 mins after that.
- If you are steaming broccoli, start that as well. You can do it the way I did in the video, or choose to grill it, bake it, whatever you fancy. You can also eliminate broccoli if you choose.
- Now for the salmon. Start off by removing the skin off the salmon and cutting it into cubes. If you prefer to cook the fillet as is and remove the skin after, that is okay too. It does not change the recipe. This is more of a personal preference than anything else.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed above. If you have allergies or do not like fish sauce, you can eliminate it altogether. I have made this without the fish sauce, and its totally fine.
- Add the salmon and leave it in the marinate as long as possible. If you have more time, you can refrigerate it for a few hours. I left it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Set your pan on the stove on low medium heat. Once its heated, add the salmon. You should hear the sizzling right away.
- Cook it for 4 minutes a side turning only once. after turning, cover the pan so it can cook more thoroughly. I also find this helps to keep the moisture in. So its nice and juicy! (yum!)
- Take off heat and leave it in the steam for another minute or two.
- Voila! You are done. Serve with spring onions or seaweed. Enjoy!